Friday, May 1, 2009

Stay Connected

It's funny, but I just lost what I felt was a very brilliant post that I just added to another one of my blogs. What happened was I lost my internet connection. The funny thing about it is I was writing about keeping in touch with God through prayer.

Now I am over here, writing about staying connected. It is a slightly different thought, but the theme of connectedness lingers on.

As believers in Jesus Christ, we must make every effort to stay connected to Him. It is sometimes hard in our state of busyness to set aside time for Him alone, but it is vital to our progress and productivity.

The Lord Jesus Christ told us in the fifteenth chapter of John that we must abide in Him. He let us know that we will be pruned if we bring forth fruit. He also let us know that if we do not bring forth fruit, we will be cut off.

Here is the powerful statement found in John 15:4, "Remain in Me, and I in you. Just as a branch is unable to produce fruit by itself unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in Me." (HCSB).

I encourage you today to stay on the vine. I know it is tempting to try to branch out on your own. Sometimes you may feel that being connected is holding you back. But the truth is the vine supplies the nourishment you need for your dreams and visions to come to pass.

Stay connected to Christ through fellowship with Him. The true vine is more than willing to supply you with all that you need to see the purpose of God fulfilled in your life. You will bring forth fruit in abundance as the divine vinedresser prunes and dresses you for greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Need to Right What's Wrong

Hi there, my friends!  I know, I'm not a consistent blogger.  I have been working for many years to change that, but I am finding that m...