Saturday, May 23, 2009

I Want My Inheritance!

I just finished my third installment of the Principles of the Kingdom Series on the Eternal Word Broadcast. I am teaching about the kingdom of God, and right now I am teaching about who will receive. More specifically, I was teaching about hindrances to the kingdom.

We all know that some things that happen in our lives make it difficult to serve God the way we want to. Life's circumstances sway us from our path and purpose. But if we stop, repent, and turn around, we can be put back on the path that God has chosen for us.

In the word of God, we have precious reminders that God desires greatness for us. The scriptures the Holy Ghost gave me for tonight offer great encouragement.

"Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our Lord." 1 Corinthians 6:11

That's the good news of the passage, now here's the bad news: "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Do any of those terms strike a nerve? If so, you better make sure you are on the right side of this equation - such were some of you. The way to change what you are into what you were is to repent and make a clean break with sin.

The Lord wants us to inherit the kingdom, to be partakers of His divine nature. Take the time today to ensure that you are on the list for inheriting the kingdom of God.

I don't know about you, but I want my inheritance! I do not want to get to the end of my journey and find out that I have been disqualified by virtue of the way I have lived my life.

Let's begin today to let the blood of the lamb of God wash our sins away and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness so that we may all be partaker's of the kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Need to Right What's Wrong

Hi there, my friends!  I know, I'm not a consistent blogger.  I have been working for many years to change that, but I am finding that m...