Monday, August 23, 2010

Wisdom Speaks from Proverbs 23

Wisdom Speaks:
17 Do not let your heart envy sinners,
But be zealous for the fear of the LORD all the day;
18 For surely there is a hereafter,
And your hope will not be cut off.
Proverbs 23:17-18 (NKJV). Sometimes it seems very hard to keep things in perspective. It is far easier to be distracted by what appears to be the progress of someone around you, especially if they do not follow the Lord. Believers sometimes get frustrated, thinking that it is unfair that those who don't regard the Lord are having a better time of life than they are. But the truth is revealed in the Bible. Wisdom says it is better to be consistent in your zeal - in your fear of the Lord - knowing that you have an expectation that is far greater than anyone's temporary gain. There is a powerful promise - your hope will not be cut off. Keep in mind that the moment you are in is just that - a moment. It is not the end. I can't say it any better than the word, "For surely there is a hereafter." After this, I will still be here! And so will you.


Search Amazon.com for proverbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

We Need to Right What's Wrong

Hi there, my friends!  I know, I'm not a consistent blogger.  I have been working for many years to change that, but I am finding that m...